Having issues in your bedroom? Try looking at your check book. That’s right! Your money concerns affect your love life possibly more than any other single factor. Think about it. A good part of our expression of love or affection involves currency. When an anniversary comes up, what do we do? Head to the mall or an online store. When our spouse’s birthday is coming, how do we celebrate? Dinner? A movie? A trip? It’s not often that our happiness is not punctuated by the use of money in some way. Therefore, it should go without saying that our budgets, or lack thereof, truly has a significant impact on the happiness in our bedroom as well. Here are 4 reasons why and a way to overcome each one.
1) The Distracted Lover: It’s the end of the month and bills are all coming due in a few days. You have no idea how you’re going to pay them but it weighs heavily on your mind, keeping you from paying attention to the advances from your lover. Spiced Up Solution: Call each company and try getting some due dates scheduled later in the month than the first. Staggering payments can help you pay bills as money comes in and takes this worry off your mind.
2) The Worry Wart: Are you that person that worries about having enough for retirement, the kids’ college funds, lowering your monthly expenses and everything else finances? If yes, chances are you’re not the world’s best lover in your spouse’s eyes. Spiced Up Solution: Make a plan and stick to it. Whether it’s using a monthly budgeting app like “goodbudget” to keep overspending down to a minimum or learning how to make investments work for you at Bottom Up Wealth, finding a plan and working that plan leaves the worry at the door. This allows your brain, the hardest working sex organ, to concentrate on the real matters at hand.
3) The Extravagance Addict: Are you married to the one person that has to buy everything expensive? If they don’t spend a few hundred dollars on something, it just doesn’t mean much? While this is embedded in nice sentiment, it doesn’t fair well with our pockets. Even for the well-off bank accounts, hefty taxing like this makes you work harder to replace it. This causes one or both of you to work longer hours which means less time between the sheets. Spiced Up Solution: Keep It Simple Silly! Use personalization and customization to create maximum impact. Finding small business owners that will design one of a kind items or collections for your spouse will keep cost down and give the wow factor you’re looking for.
4) Stressed Sex: This happens when you or your lover convinces themselves that finances are not effecting them but performance tells the real story. With lack of stamina, low interest, less intensive orgasms, we try different pills and shots to get rid of the symptoms but at the root of it is your expenses. Spiced Up Solution: Refer to #2 for the money side of the solutions but add this part too. Find a meditation method that works for you. Find a way to help you relax and center yourself. This readies your body to receive your lover’s energy and thus makes for a better time had by both.
5) Broke in the Bedroom: Are you both aware of having little money and trying to save as much as possible? Is this causing a strain on your spending for adult additives to the bed room? This is a real problem for some but you shouldn’t have to cut out your sexual fun if you cut other things. Spiced Up Solution: Save specifically for a trip to the adult novelty store. By using tips found on the nationally known website by Tiffany Aliche, theBudgetnista.com, you can save pretty quickly and use your new found coins on purchasing some private products!
For this and more tips on keeping your marriage spiced up, visit often!